PURINA TOTAL CARE Flea Control Shampoo for Dogs is a medicated shampoo which kills fleas (Ctenocephalides spp.) and aids in the control of Paralysis Tick (Ixodes holocylus), contains Melaleuca alternifolia, a Germicidal Oil, which penetrates skin, soothing the distress caused by skin irritation. It assists in the control of Eczema whilst cleaning and conditioning your dog's coat. Ixodes holocylus ticks do not occur in Western Australia.
How to use:
- Shake shampoo bottle well before use. Wet the dog's coat thoroughly and apply sufficient shampoo to develop a rich lather. Avoid contact with the dog's face, eyes and ears.
- Leave the dog lathered for 5 minutes then rinse off thoroughly.
- Repeat if necessary. If itching and soreness occurs seek veterinary advice.
- It is also recommended you use a dog brush or comb to remove tangles, knots and loose hair from your dog's coat after washing.
This product is not recommended for use in puppies less than 12 weeks of age.
Features & Benefit
- Kills Fleas
- Aids in the control of Paralysis Tick
- Assists in the control of Eczema
- Cleans & conditions your dog's coat
- 100% HDPE Recyclable Bottle & PP Lid
- Made in Australia
Active Constituents:. 2g/L Permethrin 25/75. 10g/L Pipernyl Butoxide. 8g/L Melaleuca Oil Kills Fleas (Ctenocephalides spp.)
Dosage and administration:
Shake shampoo bottle well before use. Wet the dog's coat thoroughly and apply sufficient shampoo to develop a rich lather. Avoid contact with the dog's face, eyes and ears. Leave the dog lathered for 5 minutes then rinse off thoroughly. Repeat if necessary.
How to control fleas:
To ensure the best results from this product, it is very important that your dog's environment is also treated as your dog can be continually re-infected from an untreated environment. Fleas are also the intermediate host of the tapeworm, Dipylidium caninum. To ensure maximum flea control remember to:
- Treat other pets in the household.
- Treat carpets and your dog's bedding with flea spray or a flea powder. Wash or replace bed regularly.
- Vacuum carpets regularly and discard the debris.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE TREATMENT IS CONTINUED THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.
Not Recommended For
Puppies less than 12 weeks of age.
NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OR IN ANY MANNER CONTRARY TO THIS LABEL, UNLESS AUTHORISED UNDER APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION.
SAFETY DIRECTIONS: Will irritate the eyes and skin. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hand after use.
FIRST AID: If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor of Poisons Information Centre. Phone Australia 131126. If swallowed don NOT induce vomiting. Give a glass of water. If poisoning occurs get to a doctor of hospital quickly.
100% HDPE Recyclable Bottle & Cap
Store below 30°C (Room Temperature). Protect from light.